Coordinator / Clinical Superviser
Ms. Pragya Shrestha holds Master’s degree in Psychology from Tribhuvan University. She has also completed Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology from Trichandra College, Tribhuvan University and 1450 hours of Gestalt Therapy from Gestalt Institute in Nepal. Ms. Shrestha has been working with Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) since 2007. Her major responsibilities at TPO Nepal include clinical quality assurance, providing clinical supervision to clinical supervisors and counsellors, providing inputs and facilitating the design of TPO’s regular trainings, orientations and any publishable books, reports and papers to ensure the quality of the services and products, providing different trainings on psychosocial and mental health as well as developing manuals for health workers and counsellors such as Healthy Activity Program (HAP) based on Behaviour Activation for depression, Counselling for Alcohol Problems (CAP) based on Motivational Interviewing for Alcohol Used Disorders (AUD), Family Intervention for Psychosis and Epilepsy, Home Based Care (HBC) and Community Sensitization. Ms. Shrestha has also presented paper on ‘Exploring Practise-Based Research in Gestalt Therapy’ in Paris International Conference, May 2017. Her areas of expertise include motivating individuals for their growth and confidence, couple counselling, counselling for children and their parents for behavioural problems and providing therapy for anxiety, depression and alcohol problems.
- PRogramme for Improving MEntal health care – PRIME [DFID funded]
- Problem Management Plus [WHO Funded]
- Brandon A. Kohrt, Mark J.D. Jordans, Sauharda Rai, Pragya Shrestha, Nagendra P. Luitel, Megan Ramaiya, Daisy Singla, Vikram Patel (2014). Assessing Competence and Quality in Global Mental Health: the Training and Supervision Common Therapeutic Factors Rating Scale (TASC-R)
- Nawaraj Upadhaya, Nagendra P.Luitel, Suraj Koirala, Ramesh P. Adhikari, Dristy Gurung, Pragya Shrestha, Wietse A. Tol, Brandon A. Kohrt & Mark J.D. Jordans (2014). The role of mental health and psychosocial support nongovernmental organizations: reflections from post conflict Nepal, Intervention, Volume 12, Supplement 1, 113-128
- A book on Psychosocial support model for children associated with armed forces & armed groups in Nepal, Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO Nepal) Psychosocial Mapping and Problems of Service Delivery (141~153).
- स्वास्थ्य केन्द्र (जिल्ला अस्पताल, प्राथमिक स्वास्थ्य केन्द्र तथा स्वास्थ्य चौकी) मा कार्यरत स्वास्थ्यकर्मीहरुका लागि मानसिक तथा मनोसामाजिक स्याहार सस्बन्धी तालिम पुस्तिका, नेपाल सरकार स्वास्थ्य तथा जनसंख्या मन्त्रालय स्वास्थ्य सेवा विभाग, राष्ट्रिय स्वास्थ्य तालिम केन्द्र, २०७१
Telephone number(s): +977-9841945152