Clinical Coordinator/Research Fellow
Ms. Pragya Shrestha has been working for more than a decade in psychosocial and mental health in TPO Nepal. She has been engaged in many mental health research projects that includes cultural adaptation and contextualization of evidence based psychosocial interventions for depression, such as Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Problem Management Plus (PM+), etc. Her role included clinical quality assurance, clinical supervisions, technical inputs in regular training manuals to ensure the quality of the services and products, providing trainings to counselors, health workers, teachers and other community stakeholders, and counseling service to clients. Parallel to the clinical side, she is predominantly engaged in the research activities. She has authored more than 8 articles in the international peer-reviewed journal. Currently, she is working in the capacity of Research Fellow under the project ENHANCE at University of Liverpool with an aim to adapt, and pilot test an intervention for perinatal depression in Nepal.
- Ghimire, R., & Shrestha, P. (2021). Personal Reflection on Group PM+ in Nepal: The Importance of Cultural Adaptation and Supervision. Intervention, 19 (1), 125-130.
- Pedersen, G.A., Sangraula, M., Shrestha, P., Lakshmin, P., Schafer, A., Ghimire, R., Luitel, N.P., Jordans, M.J.D & Kohrt B.A. (2021).Developing the Group Facilitation Assessment of Competencies Tool for Group-Based Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Interventions in Humanitarian and Low-Resource Settings. Journal on Education in Emergencies.
- Sangraula, M., Kohrt, B. A., Ghimire, R., Shrestha, P., Luitel, N. P., Van’t Hof, E., Dawson K., Jordans, M.J.D (2021). Development of the mental health cultural adaptation and contextualization for implementation (mhCACI) procedure: a systematic framework to prepare evidence-based psychological interventions for scaling. Global Mental Health 8, e6, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1017/gmh.2021.5
- Rose-Clarke, K., Pradhan, I., Shrestha, P., Prakash, B. K., Magar, J., Luitel, N. P., … & Verdeli, H. (2020). Culturally and developmentally adapting group interpersonal therapy for adolescents with depression in rural Nepal. BMC psychology, 8(1), 1-15.
- van’t Hof, E., Sangraula, M., Luitel, N.P., Turner, E.L., Marahatta, K., van Ommeren, M., Shrestha,P., Bryant, R., Kohrt, B.A. and Jordans, M.J., 2020. Effectiveness of Group Problem Management Plus (Group-PM+) for adults affected by humanitarian crises in Nepal: study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials, 21, pp.1-16.
- A Letter from Nepal, Shrestha, P. Insight, The Lancet Psychiatry, Vol. 7, p576, July 2020
- Kohrt, B. A., Jordans, M. J., Rai, S., Shrestha, P., Luitel, N. P., Ramaiya, M. K., … & Patel, V. (2015). Therapist competence in global mental health: development of the ENhancing Assessment of Common Therapeutic factors (ENACT) rating scale. Behaviour research and therapy, 69, 11-21.
- Jordans, M. J., Luitel, N. P., Garman, E., Kohrt, B. A., Rathod, S. D., Shrestha, P., … & Patel, V. (2019). Effectiveness of psychological treatments for depression and alcohol use disorder delivered by community-based counsellors: two pragmatic randomised controlled trials within primary healthcare in Nepal. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 215(2), 485-493.
- Upadhaya, N., Luitel, N. P., Koirala, S., Adhikari, R. P., Gurung, D., Shrestha, P., … & Jordans, M. D. (2014). The role of mental health and psychosocial support nongovernmental organisations: reflections from post conflict Nepal. Intervention, 12(Supplement 1), 113-28.
Telephone number(s): +977-9841945152