Sunday, 20 June 2010 16:21
TPO Nepal is affiliated with Healthnet TPO, an Amsterdam based international organization that works in conflict and disaster settings, with the aim of re-establishing and improving public health and mental health care systems. HealthNet TPO has extensive experience in many of the world’s conflict zones, building culturally sensitive psychosocial support systems for trauma-affected populations.
TPO Nepal was founded in 2005 at the initiation of Healthnet TPO, and HealthNet TPO continues to support the technical (clinical and research) and organizational development of TPO Nepal through expatriate Technical and Organizational Advisors.
National: Networking and Group Membership
TPO is a member of several national networks and working groups aiming at policy change and effective, broad-based implementation of psychosocial/mental health services: for Psychosocial/
• National Mental Health Network (Co-founding agency)
• National Protection Cluster for Humanitarian Response (Member)
• National Working Group on Children Affected by Conflict (Member)
• National Mine Action Working Group (Member)
• The Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Technical Committee for Psychosocial/
Mental Health (Co-chair)
• Steering Committee for Certification of 6 month Psychosocial Counseling Training
• NGO Federation Nepal (Member)