One of the key aims of TPO Nepal is to develop knowledge, skills and capacity in psychosocial and mental health issues. This has been carried out since inception through various trainings related to mental health and psychosocial support, ranging from 3 days to 6 months. These trainings are designed as per the need of community and service providers.
Specialized trainings include training package of 7 to 28 days Community Based Psychosocial Workers (CPSWs) training, 780 hours of psychosocial counsellors training accredited by CTEVT, 5 to 12 days training to health workers (non-prescribers), training for One-stop Crisis Management Centers (OCMC) staffs, front line workers, FCHVs, police etc., training in HAP, CAP module, Alternative to Violence Program (AVP) Training and Care for Caregivers TOT.
List of some other trainings:
- Effective parenting skills training 3 days
- Training on group healing intervention 3- 5 days
- Training on class room based/community based intervention 5-7 days
- Psychosocial care training to teachers 5-7 days
- Psychological First Aid (PFA) training 3-5 days
- Stress management training 3 days
- Trauma healing 3-5 days
- mhGAP based mental health training to health worker (Prescribers) 5-9 days
- Training on different psychosocial intervention/modules
Similarly we follow NHTC training model for prescribers (six days for Health Assistants and Medical Officers).
TPO Nepal believes that psychosocial service providers, trainers and researchers should always be updated in new skills and knowledge to provide quality services. Capacity building of its staff is also always in priority. Regular supervision to clinical staff and new trainings both in-house and outside are conducted in a regular basis.
- NGOs workers, Nepal police, staffs of Women and Children Development Office and others government officials, teachers
- Our staffs
- Health workers (Medical officers, Health assistants, nursing staff)
- Community leaders